Police Confirm Vermont's First Death From Bath Salts
The Vermont State Police say a Clarendon man is the state's first victim of bath salts.
An autopsy determined that the June 23 death of 28-year-old Christopher Tsacoyeanes was caused by an overdose of a variety of drugs commonly known as bath salts.
The office of the Chief Medical Examiner determined the death was accidental substance abuse.
Police say troopers investigating the death of Tsacoyeanes recovered a large amount of chemicals at his home.
Last week 86 drugs, including bath salts, were added to the state's Regulated Drug Rule. Many of the drugs had been sold as harmless products and marketed under an array of brands. A number of similar drugs are likely to be added to the regulated list in the future.