Debate: Lt. Governor Candidates
10/24/12 12:00PM By Jane Lindholm
| MP3 || Download MP3 |
The lieutenant governor's office does not come with a lot of authority, unless the office holder is suddenly required to fill in for the governor.
We host a debate between the major party candidates for lieutenant governor: Republican incumbent Phil Scott and Progressive/Democrat Cassandra Gekas.
Jane Lindholm’s questions to the candidates:
Candidate Questions to each other:
- Scott questions Gekas: How will we rebuild the Waterbury complex without money from FEMA and still keep our bond rating?
- Gekas questions Scott: How should we fix health care delivery and insurance in this state?
- Gekas questions Scott: Renewable energy, ridgeline development
- Scott questions Gekas: Party affiliation
- Gekas questions Scott: Taking a stance on controversial issues
- Scott questions Gekas: Role as a lobbyist
Listener questions to the candidates
- How would you fund your education proposals?
- How do you feel about GMO labeling?
- How would you support local agriculture and local forestry services?
- Do you support a death with dignity or physician-assisted suicide bill?